09 November 2009

Monday at home

Mondays are my quiet days.

Usually I spend the day away from home (so as to avoid the phone, computer and front door bell), but sometimes the reality of work spills over into the silent spaces of my week. I write from home, I edit (when absolutely necessary), I do a spot of domestic engineering (see previous parentheses), I bake, I nap. Mostly, Mondays are non-people days.

Today I finished writing an article for the Nov/Dec edition of a magazine. My editor is far too gracious and her sweet spirit ensures my sanity, month after month. Sometimes I get to write two articles, just for fun. :) These deadlines--"coming ready or not"--keep me focused on writing; I tend to drift away from the page out of sheer laziness, but when I'm here, doing what I love, I'm most at peace.

I am thankful for the opportunities that come my way. And I meet fascinating folk!

(Note to self: write about all the beautiful people you've interviewed in the past two years.)

No comments: