06 December 2008

Wrapped in a quilt of words

Tonight at our seminary Christmas supper, a student and I were talking about something he shared yesterday in our last English class of the semester. He pictured a quilt wrapped around me, woven together from words.

Today I thought about that image and realised that I didn't necessarily see it wrapped only around me, but around others: folk who needed words of encouragement to cheer them, words of comfort to warm them, words of truth to bring healing, and words of hope to lift their spirits.

I appreciated RE's vision of his teacher wrapped in words, and I hope to drape my cosy quilt around blog Readers (and my regular NLSC crowd) in the posts to follow. Greetings to y'all, and to all a good night.

1 comment:

Pegsy said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I've just spent a few moments reading your posts. I would like to think I was your inspiration in starting this endeavor! :-) I must say that I've never heard a truer description of you - "wrapped in quilt of words." Very fitting!