13 September 2009

Mom's in hospital

Beloved readers

In keeping with the Leach family’s month from hell (starting with Wallace’s Jeep accident in August, followed by Mari landing up in hospital with measles, then Mom’s laryngitis and more) ...

... I am writing to let you know my mom, Lynn, is in hospital. Again. She’s on oxygen, a drip, and a nebulizer, so we hope all the bases are covered!

Mom has an existing heart condition (complicated by several other factors), and is currently waiting for the results of various tests done last week: blood work, bone marrow, etc. Despite the fact that she’s very weak and tired, we’ve enjoyed frequent phone calls in the last little while and her sense of humour seems to have survived her immediate family’s recent avalanche of crises. (50% of our family members have been in hospital in the past five weeks!)


To state the obvious: this has not been a take-it-easy kind of month, and taking it easy is what her heart currently needs. Heart surgery is an option my family would prefer not to consider, but we’ll know more tomorrow. I believe she’s in good hands. I also believe in a Physician Who has the power to save, to heal and to comfort the broken-hearted. Please pray with me for my loved ones.

Please don’t call my dad this week; he does not have much of a voice at present. Thanks for understanding.

Thank you, too, for your continued prayer and care for my family. I know I said I wouldn’t be sending further Leach updates this soon, but I know my mom appreciates your support.

Hoping to have good news next time,
Elaine Mary

+1 403-932-3560
http://nlsc2008.blogspot.com/


P.S. For weekly updates, please follow this blog.

No comments: