01 September 2009

Sept 1: Back to school

Last week was Orientation.

This week we're back to school.

Although I miss my quiet(er) working-from-home days in the midst of ringing bells and school assignments, I do love the college and seminary students in my class each year. They're the reason I teach. (Any teachers out there?)

And because they're at university by choice, it's not quite the same as trying to teach high school kids English grammar or literature.

For my South African teaching practicum the year I graduated from Rand Afrikaans University (fifteen years ago) I had the dubious privilege of teaching Matric [Grade 12] boys Romeo and Juliet. :) Imagine.


Now I get to teach students ranging in age from 18 to 70 English and History of Western Civilization, and I am thankful.

Back to school,
EMP

No comments: