08 September 2009

Sept 8: 53rd wedding anniversary

Robin and I both spoke to our beautiful moms today:

Mom Leach is in hospital for heart-observation. (As I requested in my previous post, please don't call my folks for a few days). {Get well soon, Mommy.}

Mom and Dad Phillips in East London have reached the milestone of their 53rd ANNIVERSARY. (Robin celebrated their golden wedding anniversary with them in 2006.)

We have much to learn from our parents about sacrificial love and patient endurance.

{We admire and appreciate you both, Mom and Dad. May God guide you in the days ahead.}

These have been interesting times for our family. May we never take for granted the privilege of being part of a family that cares and a community that shows kindness during times of stress. Thank you all for reaching out, for reading, for writing, for praying and caring.

EMP,
counting my blessings every day this new month

No comments: